Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Investments

A good friend of mine once said that she wanted to invest enough of herself in people wherever God placed her that there's something to miss when she's gone... and I totally agree with her. I think that life is all about relationships: how much do you love God? how much do you love others? After hearing a touching sermon I was encouraged to write those two questions in the front of my Bible. I want to live my life through relationships, loving with reckless abandon, not only investing in the lives of others, but being open enough to allow others to invest in me too.
If there's any two little ones I want to invest in, it's the two little smiley faces that call me Auntie Judy. If you want to be loved unconditionally, be an aunt. These two precious souls come running as soon as they see me, making me feel special. I love spending time with them. While I've been home I've been reminded of how special my relationships are with each of them, and how much I want to invest in their lives.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its even better when your a mama!(most of the time:)I won't ask the question thats on my mind since I'm sure Margarets asked it enough.
I hope all is well with you. Tell Brett Hi!
Love you,
Mardee

Jen said...

Amen my friend...if I've learned anything in my life, most often through my mistakes, it's this...there is nothing in the world more sacred than your relationships. Guard them, protect them, cherish them, invest in them, invest in them, invest in them, invest in them!!! Thanks for the reminder. And that being an aunt thing definitely rocks!! prayers for you on your time at home and the way your investments impact their little hearts. i love you much!!

Lori said...

ahhhh enjoy those two children! You will impact them more than you know by the life you already live serving others!!!