Friday, April 20, 2007

It finally happened...

I spent most of today in a pair of those oh-so-flattering paper-like scrub pants at work today... Good thing this was the end of a twelve-day work period.
I was doing a team eval with one of our OT's on a patient who was slightly agitated shall we say and had already hit Keinee before we brought her down to the gym. I helped transfer her out of her wheelchair to the mat with a sliding board, and then went to move the wheelchair... oops! The tube from her catheter bag had gotten caught in her foot rest, and POP! It came apart and sprayed the innocent bystander, AKA yours truly :)
I knew an incident like that would eventually happen to me, given where I work and the patients I work with... I'm just glad it wasn't THROWN at me!!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Hooray for wearing urine, especially when it's not your own...HAH!

Lerra said...

EEEWWWW. Gross.

Here's to you & Ashley, with your "someone else's bodily fluid is all over me" posts.

Jamey said...

I would have thrown up...You're a good woman, Judy.

I bet you put everyone at ease b/c if I were the person who's urine just sprayed everywhere, I might be a little embarassed.

Baron said...

Thayt is hilarious! Gross, but hilarious!

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

UGH. its one thing if its your kids. QUITE another when its some random persons. wow.