Sunday, November 25, 2007

Still thankful..

So what's not to like about thanksgiving? Food, family, friends... no pressure with gifts, and taking time out to reflect on all the good things you've been given. In the spirit of the first Thanksgiving we had a true international meal this year, having some of the soccer boys over to eat. Canadians, Africans, Chinese, Brazilians, and one token American all came together to celebrate this year.
Going along the lines of "better late than never" I wanted to be sure to send out happy, healthy Thanksgiving thoughts & prayers to everyone. And especially after this morning's sermon, I wanted to be intentional about making a "list"...
This year I am especially thankful to be living under the same roof as my sweet husband... after three years apart I am amazed that I am still married to my best friend and one of the greatest gifts God has given me!
I am blessed with amazing friendships with people across this continent. I love how we can get together after not seeing each other for months, even years, and everything picks right back up again like we'd never been apart. I love how the internet makes it possible to communicate with people I love dearly that, although we no longer live side by side, we can still be a part of each others lives.
I have a wonderful family. It is impossible for me to think about past Thanksgiving without remembering my cousins, aunts & uncles, grandparents & great aunts... They have all loved me for being me, and supported me even when they haven't always agreed with my decisions... I am blessed to know they will always be behind me.
One of the greatest things that has become a reality for me this year is my "job" as a physical therapist. After years of wondering what I would be when I "grew up" {still waiting for that!} and years of school ,I get to help people on a daily basis work toward having a better life. I feel purposed and appreciated for what I am able to do for my patients & their families. I have no doubt that I am exactly where I am supposed to be, and that it was God who brought me to this point.
And I am continually in awe of a God who constantly pursues me. I will never understand how He could choose to pitch His tabernacle tent in the middle of my stubborn, stiff-necked desert, but oh, how grateful I am! And because of love, grace, mercy, and a willing sacrifice I will never receive what I deserve.

4 comments:

Roxy Wishum said...

Great thoughts! Mark shared the story of your "international" thanksgiving at lunch today. That is a great experience and very hospitable of you to have them all over.

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

sounds like you had a wonderful thanksgiving! I love these thoughts as well. thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

well put! I'm thankful for you, Judy Judy

Lerra said...

How did I miss this post? I'm behind. Thanks for sharing! I am thankful for Judy's blog :-)