Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Sprint bites the big one...

Is anyone else feeling betrayed by company mergers? Brett's first cell phone was with Sprint and we had such problems with them we vowed never to use them again. Enter Sprint/Nextel merger. And once again I am a Sprint customer by default, and they have financially raped me... well, sort of....
The first time they refused to give us back a refund cheque that was $200+, claiming that it kept "returning" because of an incorrect address. After six months and countless hours on the phone with their "customer care associate" I finally sent them a pleasant letter explaining my refusal to continue paying my account with them and that they had my permission to take the funds out my refund cheque. If the accounting department issuing the cheque needed the correct mailing address, they could contact the billing department, since somehow, the bills seemed to arrive without any problems whatsoever.
Fast forward to this month after my Nextel account miraculously became a Sprint account with the merger. Then my phone is stolen and the "thief" decides to downlown a bunch of junk using my sweet little i830. Which convienently Sprint can't detect what day the items were downloaded, and although I deactivated the account, I didn't do it soon enough, and am caught footing the bill.
Thanks Sprint. How can my credit card look after purchases that occur before I'm able to report it's disappearance, but you can't remove charges from my phone not done by me because "unfortunately" you aren't able to know when they were downloaded? How is it then that the absolute SECOND I go over on my minutes or answer my phone in Canada you are all over it... hmmm. I feel a new "pleasant" letter coming on...

9 comments:

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

that stinks. im still laughing at how you russians spell the word cheque

AnnaJane said...

Laughing, Laughing, Laughing, Laughing

Lerra said...

Write a letter! Write a letter!! That reminds me, I owe some company a letter & now I can't remember who it is...

Mary Alice said...

i am so sorry! i, too, have been financially violated by sprint and got the heck out of dodge as soon as i could.

my problem now is with the home depot. never had such a bad experience in my life. needless to say, i put my big girl underpants on and threw a fit. they have actually refunded the entire amount that we paid for "granite" countertops that are actually marble and are now ruined because marble is not as durable as granite and no one told us how to care for them. no one will accept responsibility for the fact that NO ONE there had a clue of what they were selling, but darn it, they are giving me my money back!

whew. i guess i needed to vent. nevertheless, i feel your pain and i am sorry. big companies stink!

Karen said...

AMEN Judy!!!!! Preach it sister! You need to get that letter written while you are feeling the full "ummphh" of being violated. p.s. I have had a really good experience with Verizon:) hehe

Roxy Wishum said...

Oh, they could get the check to you. They all just love to go out on the loading dock and read the letter ranting about the "cheque". They probably read it "she-cue". Then everybody laughs. "Watch out Jim" Bob says, "I bet she is one huge communist broad that could break you in half!" Then they just laugh and laugh.

LeslieTummel said...

i've had sprint issues too. they got really nice letters and phone calls from me. When i threatened them with my lawyer (okay, i don't really have one), they pretty much did whatever i wanted. ;) go with Verizon. They have yet to give me any trouble! (and i think you know how picky i am) ;)

Sara Jo said...

ask for the retention department...that seems to get them in order and apparently they are the only ones who can actually do anything about your Sprint problem... i speak from experience.

Anonymous said...

cheque? What is that?? 8) Love the narative. Don't go to verizon, they are not much better...