Monday, June 09, 2008

Brazil

And we're back...!
We had an unforgettable trip to Brazil. I am still trying to wrap my head around everything that happened, it certainly was a whirlwind. And I am taking a while to process, as usual.
The boys did so awesome on this trip, several of them stepped up and it was such an amazing thing to see. One of my favourite things about these trips is watching how other people react and grow right before your very eyes. I am so proud of them. God blessed us with good health and safe travels. I hope we represented Him well!
Enjoy the pics...

Corcovado
the infamous Jesus statue


Tyler, Robbie, Alex, Drew & Porter

the guys at Copacabana Beach in Rio de Janerio

At Maracana Stadium

the team at Cruzeiro's

Brett & Bruno
often imitated, never duplicated



overlooking Belo Horizonte

Atletico game

"bacon wrapped chicken-on-a-stick"
yum-o!

Brett & Fabricio with the prized pequita

The Resende girls - Tashiana, Ana Maria & Mariana

plane ride # 7 to Recife


working in the playground at the future orphanage

"testing" the equipment to make sure it was safe for the kids
yeah, yeah... that's it...

painting the dorm

VBS with neighbourhood kids


Judy & the little guy who has the sweetest eyelashes ever!

princes & princesses have lots of jewels to wear, right?

Bethany & friends making bracelets

Chad & his buddy :)

Nayane painting faces

9 comments:

memphis belle said...

I didn't see Terry in any of the pictures. HA HA HA HA!!!

dinah lou said...

Love the pictures! I'm so glad you had a great trip. Love ya!

memphis belle said...

I think i have figured out your question regarding the pictures. Call me if you still need my help.

Ben Cooper said...

I didn't realize you guys were expecting!!?? Brett is showing in the 7th picture!! Congratulations!! Love ya, see ya in 15 days!!

Karen said...

I am so glad you guys had a safe trip! I prayed for you lots and lots...I'm sure that's what did it. HAH!!

I love all the pics especially the 2 of you and Brett...you need to print those out...why is it that Brett doesn't smile in pics?? Oh and the one of you guys painting the dorm was nice too...did that bring back memories?

Can't wait to catch up...this week has been a bit nutso..so I'll call soon. Thanks for your 800 comments on the blog...you love me so well!! 2 things: The bowl of cheerios...not really THAT big, but it is funny...I think the camera angle...AND there are pics of me sporting the lovely suit at the beach...check the photo album. Oh and lastly I think Prince Harry is beginning to sound good!...do you think that means I am getting DESPERATE???????????!!!!

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

great pics! that jesus statue freaks meout. glad you guys are back!

Roxy Wishum said...

You guys are AMAZING! Looks like a great trip.

Lerra said...

Those are great pics! I'm glad y'all had a good & safe trip. Welcome back!

Unknown said...

Your heart for missions is inspiring and warms my heart!