Friday, September 15, 2006

It's not the global warming... it's the global humidity!

There is a significant difference between the dewpoint temps and the daytime temps, and humidity is no longer an issue in LA (lower Alabama). When we were walking to lunch Brett said that he could live with days like today forever... A high of 89 and virtually no humidity, nice breeze, and a few speckled clouds in the sky, it's what I like to remember as summers at home. It feels great to be able to open the windows at night and let the breeze blow through... to sit outside around dusk and read with a glass of sweet tea. Fall is slowly arriving!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so incredibly lucky!! I am jealous!
Love you,
Mardee

dinah lou said...

Ahh yes. I remember the hot, sticky, melt your shoes summers in Montgomery. As soon as I walked out the door I was soaked with sweat and my hair curled up to my ears! I try to forget about that part of the 18+ years I lived there.

Miss Ya!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh you drink sweet tea?? wow! you really are converting! just kiddin. I wish it would drop into the 70's, at least, though. im ready and it still feels like summa to me. sad. oh and ive packed up all my fall clothes in hopes we would sell our house soon. looks like I may need to go unpack those clothes. stink.

Lerra said...

Wow, I didn't know Ashley changed her name. :-)

Yes, I loved those 2 or 3 days we had that weather...but alas, it is gone. Hopefully it will be back soon. I love fall weather!