Monday, October 09, 2006

Canadian Thanksgiving

In honour of Canadian Thanksgiving, and a small attempt to be different from the self-absorbed, self-indulgent culture we live in, I decided to list some daily blessings that I wrote down last weekend. I challenge you to do the same. Try to go deeper than the obvious (family, spouse, friends, health, etc). Not because they aren't blessings, just really think about specifically why you are thankful for them.

1. Hearing the words "I love you" before going to sleep at night

2. Learning from my sister that Samantha keeps asking her when Auntie Judy is coming home

3. The spontaniety of my parents leaving to go out of town to "somewhere" so they could see the autumn leaves and celebrate their 40th anniversary

4. Baking apple crumb from the same recipe that my Mom uses to make it for me, and probably her Mom used to make for her

5. Cherry coke

6. Watching the love and support given to those at church who go forward for encouragement/forgiveness/prayers

7. The peace that I've had about my upcoming board test

8. Melted cheddar cheese on a soft yeast roll (you know, I wouldn't be a true Carter if food wasn't on here somewhere!)

9. The sound of a soccer ball being kicked into the opponent's goal

10. The anticipation of going home to spend time with my family and escape the stress of everyday life

Happy Thanksgiving!!

7 comments:

Lerra said...

Those are great blessings. I especially like #1. :-)

Unknown said...

GREAT list, Judy. You've inspired me to make a list too. I'm gonna think about it and post mine closer to "American" Thanksgiving! Thinking about you this week with your test on Wednesday, and looking forward to the addition to your list: Passing the board exam!
Sara

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

Awesome list. love the one with cheese and bread...my two personal faves...

Roxy Wishum said...

Thanks for the reminder. I am thankful for Canada. I am glad they let some of their good folks come down here and some southern folks visit up there. My mom is up there this week with a tour group. How did your exams go?

Anonymous said...

We loved the list Judy, sometimes it is nice to be reminded of the things that we are blessed with.

Exam time! Your Dad & I are thinking of you.

love Dad & Kathleen

Karen said...

I love when you do your top 10 lists!! I especially loved the sweet and hilarious one that you did for us when little munchkin was born. Soon you will have to add "Emily saying I love you Auntie Judy...please move to Nashville!" Hehe!! Can't stop my from hoping! Love you!

Karen said...

again i really need to edit my comments on your page...ugghh! I meant "you can't stop ME from hoping" not "my from hoping" that's weird