Thursday, October 12, 2006

Here I sit and wait...

Steps to obtaining an Alabama Physical Therapy License:
1. Take the PT board exam..........................................check
2. Take the AL jurisprudence exam.................................check
3. Get a SSN...........................................................OOPS!

I am caught in a vicious immigration circle/nightmare!

In order to get my license to work here in the good ole US of A, I need a SSN. In order to get my SSN I need to be in the States on a visa that doesn't expire in the next two weeks (or two days as the case may be). In order to get my visa I need to apply for a visa screen. In order to apply for a visascreen, I need to have a license #.

Hello, Houston????
Does anyone else see a problem here?

4 comments:

JSM said...

Although it does look like I am levatating in frustration here, I am actually sitting on a scooter board waiting for my turn in the infamous Dr. Darr obstacle course in peds lab!

dinah lou said...

It sounds like AL doesn't trust Canadians!!! You're never gonna have it easy here in the States, eh? I hope it all gets worked out soon... Let me know how it goes.

Karen said...

Okay well I have no idea what the boards were like not do I have any clue what the peds lab is or who the infamous Dr. Carr is, BUT I do not that you are going to get this Visa poo fixed soon. I am praying so hard for you. And plus God has already moved you from me once to stinkin' AL(sorry natives that read this blog)and I'll be darned if you ever move to Cananada(yes it is misspelled on purpose...I'm not that dumb people)...so with all of that being said we will party hard when you get this stuff worked. All I gotta say is thank goodness that some people are actually aware of AND abiding by the immigration laws. Yet another reason that I LOVE the Mitchells!!

Karen said...

edit Karen, edit!...that was supposed to be "nor do I have any clue" OOPSY!!