Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I try, I really do...

but my father knows just what buttons to push, and what exact moments in time I am least prepared to deal with it... Like five minutes ago, or about three weeks ago, or minutes before my Hooding ceremony...
I try to have more patience with him, but trying for a ten day holiday is nothing compared to living with him for 8+ weeks. All it takes is one word, one look, a specific tone of voice and all reason is thrown to the wind and I want to scream........... and sometimes do.
Anyone else have a family member whose neck you occasionally want to strangle??

4 comments:

Jen said...

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm YEAH!!!!!!!!

like you know recently when my grandma walks up to me and says "Jen, you really do need a man to complete you." well thanks for rubbing salt in the wound, i'll just run right out to Wal-Mart and buy my perfect guy to complete me right now. Do you sell any of those there?? ;)

Lerra said...

I hope your dad doesn't read your blog. :-)

Jamey said...

So I'm guessing you're not a daddy's girl...

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

yes. I think we all do...