Saturday, January 06, 2007

Home again, home again, jiggity-jog...

We are home! Left Wednesday morning, crashed at Terry & Margaret's, then arrived in time for supper Thursday night. Had more than enough time to unload the truck, eat, and watch CSI & ER before the ultimate crash in our own bed. Of course the tornado sirens welcoming us back by going off at 6am Friday morning just added our own touch of Mitchell-ness to the whole trip! We of course went immediately back to sleep once the warning was lifted from our county, thank you Lord!
I am still awaiting my SSN before I can start working, but I have faith that it will arrive all in God's perfect timing.
And now I'm off to reclaim the space in our apartment...

6 comments:

Lerra said...

We are so glad y'all are back!! (I said "y'all" as a special southern welcome home.) Welcome to what has apparently become our new tornado season. :-)

P.S. we didn't have a tornado warning in Prattville. Yet another reason for EVERYONE TO MOVE TO PRATTVILLE!!! DO IT!!! :-)

dinah lou said...

Yay! Judy is back in LA. I'll be praying about your SSN situation and hope you get one soon.

Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your back in the states. I hope all goes well on the job front.

Jen said...

well welcome home you wanna be gringa...goodness you wouldn't think it would be that difficult would ya??!! will be praying about the job for sure. and what happened to you coming to see me, have we given that up for now?

Jamey said...

It was so good to see you in the flesh yesterday! Glad you're back safe and sound...

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

yay! you rock my american face off. see ya tonight!