Friday, March 16, 2007

Comfort food...?


Whenever you're feeling under the weather there's always a specific food that you go to.

I remember my Mom making me soft boiled eggs and toast fingers to dip in it when I wasn't feeling well. She had it in an egg cup and everything. I also remember my Grandmother stirring the carbonation out of a glass of ginger ale when she and Grandpa stayed with me after I got my tonsils out.

After my run-in with a virus this week Brett's made me gourmet meals of vanilla pudding, apple sauce, jello, and of course the inevitable ginger ale.

So, what do you reach for when you're sick?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
AnnaJane said...

Whenever I have been yacking my inerds (sp? yea I don't know)out, I like to turn to the old time fav of saltine crackers. Why I am not sure since you have to drink alot b/c they suck all the moisture out of your mouth...which in turn you'll end up vomiting since you drank too much.

Paintdropdesigns said...

saltine crackers are excellent for pregnancy, as well as chicken noodle. are you preggers? you dont have the flu! youre preggers!!! jk. dude, why was that last comment deleted? was someone evil??

Lori said...

judy it was fun walking through World Market and share stories of the common foods we ate as members of "from north of the mason dixon"..ginger ale was def. a make me feel better drinks when I was sick!

Baron said...

chicken noodle soup cures everything

Lerra said...

I agree with Baron...chicken noodle soup. Da bomb.