Sunday, May 13, 2007

Summer is here!!

For all practical purposes, summer has officially arrived in the Mitchell household:
School is out, and Brett is on his official summer work hours {whenever he feels like going in or has a meeting}
It is 90+ degrees and we have officially had our A/C running 24/7 because it's just too hot at night to open the windows and let the breeze blow through
We ate our first official home grill meal of the season {aside from the Rachel Ray meal at Ashley's} - pork chops, corn on the cob, baked potatoes, and asparagus {Brett even ate two pieces and LIKED it...}
AND... I have received my first official sunburn... across my shoulder, neck and back. Got it yesterday painting at the Dalraida pool. Probably didn't help it out today at the soccer field or in the pool this afternoon.
Now, I'm off to reapply another layer of Noxema...

6 comments:

AnnaJane said...

Good job!
One day you are going to learn about the amazing invention of sunscreem. You apply it the same way as Noxzema, so there will not be anything new to learn. They even make it for the face.

JSM said...

FYI to anyone reading Anna's comment above....
The most burnt I have EVER been (except for Roatan) was when she "applied" it to my back in Florida...
'nough said!

Unknown said...

"Sunscreem"? I thought screaming was what you did if you forgot sunscreen. ha ha ha.
The Dalraida pool...Boy do I have a lot of memories from that place. I believe that is where my brother Michael did his first "belaxin'."
Ask Michael about that one...

Lerra said...

Sara - I have lots of memories from the Croydon Road pool! :-)

dinah lou said...

I didn't even know the Dalraida Pool still existed! I ditto Sara's comment about lots of memories there. Laura, that was before the Croydon Road Pool began. I learned to swim in the Dalraida Pool, but I would rather have spent my time in the Kiddie Pool than the big pool! For some reason I enjoyed the 1 foot deep pool over the 8 feet deep one...

Karen said...

okay Judy...I'll go ahead and ask and reveal my non-COC-ness! What the heck is the Dalraida pool and the Croydon Road Pool??? Is this code for something that I'm not supposed to know? Hook a sister up with some knowledge, would ya?