Thursday, August 23, 2007

Things you find when you're packing...


My yellow Sony Walkman with auto-reverse!!
{complete with original yellow ear buds}

Sorry Brett, but I have to stop packing for a minute and just savour the memories attached to this seriously outdated, but previously ultra-cool piece of my childhood...


That thing went with me to:
Cancun with my cousins
countless road trips when my sister's side of the car looked SO much more comfortable than mine
Algonquin camping trips
camp Omagh
youth rallys
Florida with "Thunderbuns" ;)
and ultimately Lipscomb...

How can I get rid of THAT?

9 comments:

Karen said...

Sweeeet!!!...I'm jealous. I wish I could find my first boombox. It was purple with a gray strap. It too had the auto reverse feature...oh how I miss it!

Jamey said...

What fun memories! Keep it! Keep it!

Anonymous said...

Mardee and I are trying to figure out why you are packing......BTW, that's a sweet wrist band accompaning the Walkman in that picture. I can almost see the Jordache jeans and high-top Nike shoes (all-white leather, of course!) with the muscle/net shirt. SSWWWEEEETT!! (Feathered hair is a given)

Coops

memphis belle said...

Did you also tight roll your jeans when you were listening to your walkman?!

JSM said...

Lester~ YES! I am an 80's prodigy child...
Ben~ PS we're moving to a rental house closer to Faulkner... Three bedrooms and a garage. Plenty of room for visitors including munchkins. No sand volleyball courts here in the Gump, but we could find another team Canada vs team USA competition I'm sure... :)

Anonymous said...

Do you really want to take me on now that I'm not pregnant?!! Did you forget how the last games went down? Ask Margaret. I'm sure she can refresh the memory :) Go Team USA!

JSM said...

Bring it Coopers!! :) {especially if that fuels a trip up here...}
;)

Lerra said...

Camp OMGAH! ;-)

Definitely keep it. Throw away lots of stuff, but keep the walkman. I've thrown away too much of my stuff from the past!

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

I don't know but praise the lord for ipods??