Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The Grand Paradox

Money stinks.

Nothing else makes me cry like money.

Nothing else stresses me out more than money (although standing in line waiting to take a lab practical and the anxiety of the upcoming boards come in a very close second and third place).

So, why do I need to have money to survive? Why can't it be more like, oh I don't know, say meat? If the fact that an animal has died so that I can enjoy my delicious prime rib dinner stresses me out, then all I have to do is stop eating meat. Can't I just ignore money and cut it out my life rather than deal with all the make-me-want-to-pull-my-hair-out-and-its-just-growing-back-after-the-hair-massacre-of-2006-incident???

No wonder Jesus said that money is the root of all evil.
(Or was it truth is the fruit of all evil...? :)

At any rate, money bites the big one...

7 comments:

Lori said...

I hear yea girl..we arived back and immediatly we are thrown into the stresses of this life of Much and To Much!

dinah lou said...

I like the KDela quote. We unfortunately live in a world where money has a lot of power. Cash is King. But it can't buy you happiness...

AnnaJane said...

The money thing is always going to be an issue, unless you win 500 million in the jackpot. But even though you have enough money to live the way you want it will still be an issue b/c it is there...do I spend it..do I give it away...Do I just tuck it away?

If you hate money..try this..simplify your life...try and delete the things in your life that require money (the things you can live without) Not food or water or electricity...you know what I mean. It might make you not feel you HAVE to depend on money so much. It is just a thought and suggestion.

Love ya

Lerra said...

Yes, I believe it is "truth is the fruit of all evil."

Sorry you don't like money. Sometimes I like it a little. Ok a lot. Which might be a bad thing.

Karen said...

Well, unfortunately, a home in the Waters and Brett's Red Shelby Cobra (with white racing stripes)won't be provided by monies from my foot modeling career or Karen's huge income as a stay at home mom. God has and will continue to provide at the perfect time. Heck, you're a Doctor now!! In the immortal words of Tupac, "keep ya head up."

Karen said...

I definitely agree Judy! So if you are still a bit down...read this little sonnet I wrote just for you...
"Shelby Cobras are Red,
Lakes at the Waters are Blue,
If I were a Doctor,
I'd be P-I-M-P Pimpin'like U!"

If that can't cheer you up...well, I just don't know what elso to say!

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

I hear ya. I do. Gah. money sucks. lets burn down all the treasuries, or something communist like that. seriously. DO IT! just kidding. why cant it be grass that we give people to buy things? like blades of grass can buy you a house! how awesomely rich would I be then?? I hate even thinking about it . Did you pass our my flyers? just kidding.