Sunday, June 10, 2007

Never been unloved

You may or may not have needed to be reminded of this today... but the message rings true to us all. Rest in knowing that there is a God in heaven that created you and is crazy in love with you.

I have been unfaithful,
I have been unworthy;
I have been unrighteous,
and I have been unmerciful.

I have been unreachable,
I have been unteachable;
I have been unwilling,
and I have been undesirable.

And sometimes, I have been unwise,
I've been undone by what I'm unsure of -
But because of You
and all that you went through,
I know that I have never been unloved.

I have been unbroken,
I have been unmended;
I have been uneasy,
and I have been unapproachable.

I have been unemotional,
I have been unexceptional;
I have been undecided,
and I have been unqualified.

Unaware - I have been unfair,
I've been unfit for blessings from above.
But even I can see
The sacrifice You made for me, to show me
that I have never been unloved.

It's because of you
and all that you went through,
I know that I have never been unloved.

-
Michael W. Smith & Wayne Kirpatrick

2 comments:

Lerra said...

Perfect reminder. Thanks for a good start to my week! :-)

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

a very good reminder I need to hear every day!!!