Thursday, June 14, 2007

Whine, whine, whine

Dear Incredibly Self-Centered Daughter:
Sorry for not being super excited to do your family education at the hospital today. And despite the fact that I had to re-rearrange my schedule because you were supposed to come at 8:30, not 1:20, I also had to constantly fight the urge to slap your fushia-painted lips...
This just in --- your Dad had a S-T-R-O-K-E! Thus the reason he's in the hospital in the first place. On a good day he is a MOD assist for balance, read NOT STAND BY ASSISTANCE. The man can't stand up by himself and has had a catheter in and out of his body four times in the last week, so cut him a little slack. I don't care if it's Father's day, Christmas, or Yom Kippur... he's in a hospital and the world will continue to spin on it's axis if you have to bring your feast to the hospital to celebrate instead... I promise!
And a special kudos to the doc who went over all of our heads and granted him a day pass to the tantrum thrower anyway... yes, thank YOU!
Signed,
The Physical Therapist who-doesn't-have-a-lot-of-experience-but-at-least-knows-enough-to-
graduate-and-pass-her-boards-so-she-kinda-has-some-idea-of-what-
she's-talking-about...

6 comments:

Roxy Wishum said...

So THIS is what you do after midnight. Do you think dad will go home for a giant cookie on Father's Day? It is amazing how spoiled we (Americans) are. I just read in today's paper of a woman whose house was hit by a truck. She (and mom) were complaining because their beach house was "just" damaged by a hurricane and now her jewelry "may" be damaged and she can't find her diploma from law school. No mention of how the man who passed out in the truck that hit the house was doing.

Lerra said...

I myself could post a blog about some whiners I have to come in contact with every day. But I will refrain, for fear of one of them actually gaining the technical knowledge to figure out how to read my blog.

Maybe all whiners should start their own commune or something...

JMAS said...

Hey Judy,
Sorry your day was not the most pleasant as far as social aspects go. I hate whiners, also. And you would think that a serious health situation would wake someone up, but I guess not always.

You posted on my blog that you wanted to receive my monthly updates, but I am not sure of your E-mail address. Send me a note. jmarnold.tmp@gmail.com

Love ya,
Jennifer

JSM said...

Um... yeah. I don't know what's up with the time thing on this post, but when yesterday became today you can rest assured I was sound asleep... :)

Karen said...

So what you're saying is...last Friday was an awesome workday?? I work with a whiner too, but she's only 17 months old so I think it is probably more acceptable and much less annoying!

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

I feel ya girl. I have, in particular, been on a soap box lately about all the socially impaired idiots out there. nice. hope it gets better.

sorry we missed you sunday. whenever my fam comes to church with me, they think its a race to beat the "other" church goers and whoever else just so happens to be on the road on their way to the nearest resturaunt..though they must be doing something right cause we didnt have to wait...hmmmmmmm.