Thursday, June 07, 2007

Pondering...

"I don't believe that God chose you and blessed you so that you could heap those blessings upon yourself. I believe God chose you...because He wants to make a difference in this world." -Rich Mullins

In three weeks I will get to return to one of my favourite places this side of heaven... Honduras. And I will get to experience it all with some of my very favourite people. For reasons I can never adequately articulate, the people & country of Honduras are very much a part of my heart. I can't tell you why I have to go back every year, I just do. I can't explain what those two weeks mean to me, and why I use up all the PTO I've only had five months to accumulate, I just go. No questions asked. It has totally captured this heart. If you were able to go be somewhere you love, to serve people you love, with people you love, wouldn't you jump at the chance too? I simply can't imagine my summer without traveling to Honduras. This year I will have the opportunity to serve alongside people I go with every year, and people I've prayed to be a part of the trip every year. Can't wait!!!

4 comments:

Karen said...

I am so sad I won't be there with you guys...again this is just ONE of the MANY reasons that I cherish you as my friend...love you, love you, love you!!!

p.s. we are praying for your coworker..I'll try to call this weekend!

Lerra said...

It really means a lot to me that I have friends who are genuinely trying to make a difference in the world.

To Judy! Who loves the Hondurans!! :-)

Roxy Wishum said...

Judy, I pray that you will have a great trip and build even stronger relationships. Thanks, also, for loaning me Bret's bike rack. It was almost smarter than me, but in the end, it worked fine.

AnnaJane said...

Judy,
Being here in the dominincan I have had the opportunity to talk with fellow guests of the resort that took a ATV ride through a village. they came back telling me about the¨conditions of the houses and such. It gave me a chance to tell them about TORCH and how, yes, people do live in poverty in todays times.
Honduras here we come!!