Wednesday, May 21, 2008

10th Anniversary

Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.
~ Emily Bronte

Happy anniversary to the only person on this earth God gave enough patience to be my husband. He knows me better than I know myself, and chooses to love me anyway. I am proud to be the one he chose as his bride. And there is no one else I would rather have beside me as I journey through life on this earth. In only ten short years we have been blessed beyond our wildest dreams: walked the beaches of the Atlantic, Pacific, and Caribbean Oceans, seen the lights of Vegas, the monuments of DC, played in the Palm Springs desert, snorkeled the coral reefs of Roatan, skied the mountains of Colorado, rode the New York City subway, caught Mardi Gras beads in New Orleans, and watched the Leafs play in three different cities. We became addicted to missions and had our hearts stolen by the people of Honduras. We have lived in dorms of 130 girls, duplexes, apartment complexes, two story houses, and simultaneously in different states/countries. We have had weekly budgets of $25, and weekly budgets of $125 to spend on groceries. We've had the ride of our lives mixed with moments of chaos, frustration, and complete exhaustion. To God be the glory. Without Him, today would have not been possible....
Here's to 110 more years together baby, I love you!

9 comments:

memphis belle said...

get a room...

Jen said...

haha...lester, really!!!

Happy Anniversary you two...I remember this day 10 years ago when we got to share this celebration with you. One of my favorite days of life, we had soooo much fun!!

Pretty neat deal to get to watch so much of your relationship grow. From the days in Fanning Hall to now you've come a LONG way baby!!

You are soul mates. We all knew that a long time ago!

Much love.

Karen said...

my favorite people...Happy Anniversay to you guys!!! I just want to know how Brett topped last year!!!

Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

You, my dear, were breath-taking. I have to say your words have always inspired me. The two of you are simply amazing, you have endured so much in just ten short years, especially with those years apart.

Jenny was right...those were the days in Fanning Hall. Didn't we write a little book of things to remember? I feel like I remember something like that.

I miss you terribly! A toast to you and Brett...you two rock! Happy Anniversary!

Roxy Wishum said...

PERFECT! You have changed a lot since the photo was taken. I am so honored to be among your vast and growing circle of friends that I am standing in my living room singing "Oh, Canada" in your honor. Actually, it is just those two words over and over because that is all I remember. What great ambassadors for Canada and more importantly, for God!

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

bwahahaha! leslie!

congrats, guys! hope you had a wonderful anniversary! love you!

Vern Carter said...

Happy belated Anniversary wishes to a very special couple. God's blessings on you both.

Uncle Normie

Lerra said...

Happy anniversary!! I hope y'all had a great day. We love y'all!

Unknown said...

I wish I had your ability to put strong feelings into words. Well done. And congratulations on an amazing milestone - especially with all you and Brett have been through in those 10 years!