Monday, May 12, 2008

Orange Beach

This post is for my Mom... who thought she would have to wait until next year to see pictures from this weekend... :) {happy birthday Mom!}
We got to do something we thought would never in a million years come to fruition.. we took a family trip ('cause they are too close to call "friends") to the Alabama Gulf coast with Karen & Derek and their sweet little one Emily... (Prince Harry also came along for the ride, but we won't actually meet him until August!)
We had a great time, and would love to make this an annual trip, if the Kramers can stand being with us for that long again! I hate that we no longer live 40 minutes from their house... Who would have thought that working in the dorm together would turn into an irreplaceable friendship. After going back and reminiscing this weekend I've come to the conclusion that the summer we met was the summer that Brett and Derek were out of town for weeks on end... hence the instant friendship between Karen and I. That and the fact that as soon as "Too legit to quit" came on the radio all four of us started to do the hand motions, while we encouraged Emily to "rock out" with us from her car seat! We love you guys, and can't wait to take the newest Kramer on next year's trip. :)
Here are some of my favourite pics.. and I may add more later when I get a hold of Karen's...

Judy & Brett
{my hair was actually straight mere hours before this pic was taken... humidity much?}

Derek, Emily & Karen

sweet Emily Paige

the girls

the boys building "Emily" a sand castle
yeah, riiiiiiiiiiight

the infamous

stopping just long enough to take off my running shoes before cooling off

5 comments:

Laura said...

Hi Judy!!! I found your blog through a friend of a friend's blog. Just wanted to say Hi since it's been 10 + years.

Laura(Moore)Sullivan

Lerra said...

I am SOOO ready to go to the beach!!

Roxy Wishum said...

Great fun! Afro-sheen will lay that hair down.

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

1. glad you guys had a great time! we're at the beach now and it has successfully rained the ENTIRE time. good thing we're going back oh around ten times this summa. ;)

2. Karen looks really good

3. WHERE did she get Emily's swimsuit? I'm kindof obsessed with little girls swimsuits and that is soooo presch!!!!

Karen said...

yeah...I look really good Ashley...that's a good one!! And Em's suit is from Target...of course!

Judy Booty...you know I love you and that is really all I can say! I never thought that trip would happen and I can't wait to see you again! I love you, love you, love you!!!!

And...I promise my pics will be to you soon!